Books and book merchandise are usually expensive, good thing there are people generous enough to share a good book and other bookish stuff to other readers by hosting giveaways. There are LOTS that are being hosted by bookstagrammers, book bloggers, authors, and even publishers!!! There are many book giveaways but there are MORE people joining every giveaway.
Yes, I am a book giveaway freak. I am one of the bookworms who always join giveaways and contests to win books. Maybe you are wondering why I join, so here are my reasons:
- I can’t afford to buy lots of books. Yes, I can buy books but I am FRUGAL. Very much frugal. And I am also saving for other stuff.
- I love the feeling of winning. Winning a book can make a bookworm’s day, right?
- The book/stuff is signed or from my favorite author. My favorite authors live thousand miles from where I live, and I don’t attend book signing events. AND HELLO??? It is from my favorite author!!
- The book/stuff being given away is not available in my country or is limited edition. The titles/editions available in the Philippines are limited and sometimes the title/edition that I want will never ever be available here. 😦
- It is an ARC. Who doesn’t want to be one of the first few people to read an upcoming release? As a not-so-famous blogger, it will be a great chance for my blog if I will review it.
- It is a highly-anticipated read!!!
During a year of engagement with the book community and joining giveaways, I already won 16 books.
- A Christmas Carol (Puffin Chalk Edition) by Charles Dickens from Ivy on bookstagram – This is my first ever book mail! ❤
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West from Claire on bookstagram – This is my very first book from The Book Depository 😀
- Unforgiven by Lauren Kate from Penguin Random House giveaway during the books release
- Release the Queen In You by Natalie Louis from a giveaway on her Instagram
- Until Friday Night (hardbound and signed) by Abbi Glines from a giveaway on her Instagram
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover from A Nerd For Books‘ giveaway on bookstagram
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson from Sweetautumnreader on bookstagram
- The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark from Sweetautumnreader too
- Girl Against the Universe (hardbound) by Paula Stokes from The Meandering Soul on bookstagram
- The Ballroom by Anna Hope from Ms. Alison Barrow of Penguin Random House UK (I actually didn’t join the Twitter giveaway but I was announced as a winner, I told her but she said she’d still be happy to send me a copy)
- The Stranger Game (ARC) by Cylin Busby from National Bookstore’s secret phrase contest
- Pushing Perfect (ARC) by Michelle Falkoff from NBS’ photo contest
- I’m Not Your Manic Pixie Dream Girl (ARC) by Gretchen McNeil “
- Like a River Glorious (ARC) by Rae Carson “
- It Ends With Us (signed!!!!) by Colleen Hoover from The Bookworm Box
- Love in Rewind (signed) by Tali Alexander, also from The Bookworm Box
And I also won an August Bookworm Box, click here for the unboxing.
Gosh. I didn’t realize that I won a lot until now. Every time I won, I always thank the person who held the giveaway wholeheartedly and if it is from the author or publisher, I make sure that I review it and that I spread the word about it.
To give back to the wonderful book community, I did a coloring book giveaway before and now I have an on-going Unforgiven book giveaway to my fellow Filipino bookstagrammers. Yes, it’s local because international shipping is expensive and I can’t still buy a brand new book. If you are a Filipino bookworm and interested to join, click here. 🙂
If you want me to share some tips, comment down below so I can share some to you or even write a post about it.