The Manila International Book Fair happens every year on the 3rd week of September. This year, it took place September 14-18, 2016. I love MIBF because of the huge piles of books and the sale!
It was my second time to go to MIBF and it was different than the first because I got to go there for three days! 🙊 Okay, I know you must think that I am so crazy over book hoarding (which is somehow true) and that I have a lot of money, but I don’t.
My boyfriend accompanied me (first day) again this year but I can feel that he is not enjoying because he’s sick and I’m going on circles checking the same books again and again.
I went the first day to actually buy just 2 books, Tales of the Peculiar and All the Bright Places but I ended up buying 3. I also bought The Geography of You and Me which has been on my to-buy and TBR list for a long time. I also got a free Grey bookmark! ❤
Here’s my first day haul:
- Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs (pub. September 3rd, 2016)
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (pub. January 8th, 2015)
- The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith (pub. March 3rd, 2015 – oh it’s my birthday)
Thank you Fully Booked! All these are bought 20% off.
I came back there the second day because 1) I took the chance to win an ARC which was given away by National Book Store to the first 12 people who went to their booth and said a secret phrase; 2) My sister gave me money to buy books; 3) My parents asked me to look for a certain book. I was hesitant at first but the shelves are calling me. LUCKILY, I got an ARC, and it was the last one!!!! The secret phrase I said: “What would you do when the stranger in your house is your sister?”
I bought Vanishing Girls and I got 4 free Harry Potter and the Cursed Child bookmarks, I gave the other three to my classmates who are fans of Harry Potter.
- The Stranger Game by Cylin Busby (pub. October 2016) – This book intrigued me that’s why I defied the odds to get a free copy.
- Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver (pub. March 8th, 2016)
They are both mystery/thriller.
Note: This photo is the reason why I went back to MIBF. Why? Continue reading. 😉
National Book Store had an MIBF Haul photo contest during the 5-day fair and they’ll be giving 3 random ARCs from Epic Reads. I just posted this photo on my Instagram to share it to my friends and followers, and used the hashtag of NBS but I didn’t expect that I will win. And voila! So I came back on the 4th day, and goooosh the crowd!!! 😮
- Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson (pub. September 2016) – I will be trading this with ate Beatrice (Beatrice Learns to Read)
- I’m Not Your Manic Pixie Dream Girl by Gretchen McNeil (pub. October 2016)
- Pushing Perfect by Michell Falkoff (pub. October 2016)
Thank you so much National Book Store and Epic Reads for these!!!
Total Haul? I got 8 books during MIBF 2016. I can’t believe it. Hahaha. I usually don’t buy/receive books that many. I can’t wait to read all these! ❤