Book: My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Winter Romances
Edited by: Stephanie Perkins
Published by: Macmillan Children’s Books (2015)
Rating: Check the review for my rating on every book.
Read: January 1-9, 2016
This is the first book that I purchased from Book Depository!! It arrived earlier than I expected, and made me want to buy more books there. Looool
LONG, COLD NIGHTS ARE FOR FALLING IN LOVE…
There’s nothing more romantic than mistletoe kisses, twinkling lights and wrapping up warm in the snow. Whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, winter solstice or Kwanzaa, this collection of twelve gorgeous stories will make you swoon with all the magic of the holidays. So curl up by the fireplace and get cosy. You have twelve reasons to stay indoors and fall in love.
As the title says, this book is composed of twelve, yes 12, love stories that will make your heart beat faster, melt, and fall in love. The stories showed that love will come in the most unexpected time with an unexpected person, or maybe the person you’re wishing for the whole time. 😉 Majority of the stories are beautiful. But I didn’t really like some of them.
- Midnights by Rainbow Rowell – ★★★★ – I like how the story is told, with the flashbacks of every new year’s eve. Also, I didn’t thought that this will have a wonderful ending. I almost felt sad for Mags.
- The Lady and the Fox by Kelly Link – ★★★ (2.5) – Okay, I didn’t get this story. It’s confusing. I wonder if Miranda is only dreaming or there really is magic involved in the story. But there are parts that I like.
- Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Peña – ★★★★(4.6) – Gotta give this story four stars because it gave me the ‘feels.’ And I didn’t expect the ending.
- Polaris is Where You’ll Find Me by Jenny Han – ★★★★★ – This has supernatural characters so I thought I won’t like it, but I DO LOVE IT!! And it’s unique. It made me turn pages until I got shocked that I I am on the last.
- It’s a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins – ★★★ – This story is cute! I like how the things between the characters developed. But I think the story lacks some things, I don’t knooow.
- Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan – ★★★ – This is okay. Love is shown in a different way. Anddd I do feel the love on the ending.
- Krampuslauf by Holly Black – ★★★ – I like the beginning of the story, and I never expected the ending. It was plain normal then *boom* magic! I like how it showed love between friends.
- What the hell have you done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman – ★★★ (2.7) – The pattern and flow of the story is a bit confusing. I just got along with it in the middle.
- Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire – ★★★★ – Love this one!! It showed how love can change people. ❤
- Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White – ★★★★ – I can relate with this one. Okay, I suck I don’t know what to say anymore. This will make you realize that it is necessary to think outside the box, especially when it comes to people around you. 😉
- Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter – ★★★★★ – I LOOOOOVE THIS ONE. When fate really makes a way for you to be happy, it will work. ❤
- The Girl Who Woke The Dreamer by Laini Taylor – UHHHH, I’m sorry but I didn’t really read this one. I skimmed.